Indiana State Fair

2:48 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
This last weekend was a whirlwind of activity. My brother and sis-in-law are finally back home from Japan! I had to work a lot, but was able to spend all day Friday at the Indiana State Fair with them. It was so much fun. We got there around 8:45 am to work in the Pork Producers tents dishing out food. Cicero Christian Church (my parent's church) supplies volunteers for the Pork Producers tents every year and in return they get a small chunk of money. So, we all chipped in as a family for 6 hours. After we were done helping out, we took advantage of the gorgeous weather by visiting all the animals, buildings, and FOOD vendors that we could. As I sit here and try to remember what all I ate, I feel that Uhoh-I-ate-WAY-too-much feeling all over again. BUT it was totally worth it. I started with a BBQ Sandwich from the Pork Producers tent then moved on to fried cheddar nuggets, home-made taters, roasted corn on the cob, chocolate frozen custard from the Dairy Barn, peach cider slushy and last but certainly not least....a deep fried Milky Way. I felt sick for quite a while after that but it was all worth it. It was lots of fun but unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show (I'm lacking in extra finances to purchase a digital camera). Take my word for it...it was great. The fair is still going on if you want to make a trip down there!

5 comments:

TC said...

Confused. You don't have the finances to purchase one what? A camera? I thought you had one...? Hmm, I could just be confused! (oh wait, I already said that: nevermind)

The fair sounds like it was fun, but I gotta ask: was the deep fried Milky Way really all that? Sounds kinda gross to me...

I'm happy to hear your bro & sis-in-law made it back from Japan okay!! My old roommate is moving to Korea to work for a year, so it's good to hear that someone else just successfully came back!

Sarah said...

Yeah, I was talking about a camera (I added that to the post to make more sense ;)) . The candy bar was great, I promise. I just couldn't look to closely at it because it looked a little nasty. Deep-fried chocolately goodness :)

Laura said...

Sarah-
The pictures are up now- sorry! I've been having internet troubles lately. Try it now! :)

TC said...

I can imagine that it didn't look that great: glad it tasted good though... fair food... it's been awhile since I've had that! :)

TC said...

God Squad, you have lots of good photos online: check out http://revealyourlove.blogspot.com/.

You should think of posting some of your traveling photos on there. :) I currently have a gorgeous crater one on there. :)