Cat Wrasslin'

5:29 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Those of you who have known me for years probably knew (or heard me talk about) my cat Mittens. Besides her incessant need for food (or so she thought...her large belly told us otherwise), she was a great cat. I miss having a little friend waiting for me when I get home. Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to get a pet right now due to money, space, etc. So my newest idea...why not volunteer at a local cat shelter so that I can feed my need? That way I'll have absolutley NO time to myself and I can just basically use my apartment as a place to crash at night! So, a couple weeks ago I started helping out a no-kill cat shelter called From the Heart Rescue. Besides the shelter, they have about 10-15 cats at the local Pet Smart that are up for adoption. My job is to go in there on Thursdays and give them attention, clean their cages and feed them. Fun, but a LOT of work. My mom came to stay with me for a couple days last week and was fortunate (hehe) enough to be here on Thursday. We were enjoying ourselves until we were one cage away from being done and one of the cats got a little overexcited and dumped her water ALL OVER her clean cage and the one under hers. Back to square one...... I'll try to get some pictures of the kitties and surroundings when I go in this week. It's fun and a change of pace from the normal work and church-related activities. Anyone care to come help me out? ;) I know a couple kitties that would LOVE to get some attention!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you post like once a month!

;)

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! I tried to leave a comment last week, but things were being stupid. Just wanted to tell ya that I really miss you my good friend. Hope life is going well for you.

Lee and Becca said...

Sarah! I'm so excited to hear that you landed a job in pharmaceuticals. Will you be a drug rep?? Regardless I'd love to hear about it....hope all is well. Call me sometime, the school year is coming to an end and things ought to be slowing down in my life. :)
xoxo